Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Carousel Painter by Judith Miller

The first thing I want to mention about this book is how much I enjoyed learning about the workings of a carousel factory.  I found the detail about all of the different departments very interesting.  One of my favorite things about reading books is learning about things that I would never take the time to research, yet when someone else does the work, I find the information and detail fascinating.
The main character in this story - Carrington - is a woman with morals and convictions.  She is struggling to learn about God and what He would have her do.  She is a talented lady without any family, but God surrounds her with true friends that lead her in the right direction to real, truthful answers.  She has moments of discouragement but strives to continue on with a good attitude.
The setting for this story was ideal for what the author wanted to accomplish, I believe.  For Carrington to work in a factory full of men at the time the book was set was definitely controversial.  She was the only woman causing many stirrings for not only the workers but their families.  For what she goes through during the story, I think Carrington does a good job of keeping her head above water.
I found some of the other characters very full of themselves and focused on the wrong things in life, but Carrington and Josef, in particular, want to find what is best for their lives with God's help.  Something many of us need to do in our lives.
I recommend this story of love, friendship, growth, intrigue, and more!

Disclaimer:
This book was provided free for review by Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment