Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Bridge of Peace by Cindy Woodsmall

I found this book to be very enjoyable.  Once I got into the story and the characters, I had a really hard time putting the book down.  Lena has lived her whole life with a birthmark on her face and has struggled with the comments and remarks that have come with that.  She is a wonderful young woman who loves teaching her students and wants to help them in every way possible.  Her story is one of coming to an understanding of herself.  I enjoyed her story, Grey's story, and the many other stories in the book.  The details of Amish life are always so interesting to me, and Cindy Woodsmall does a great job capturing so many aspects of Amish life.  This book had some very intense moments, twists, and turns, which just added to the draw of the story.  I find the books in this series so interesting for several reasons: there's romance, there's suspense, there's faith, there's Amish life, and so much more.  I have so many thoughts swirling through my head about this book, but I can't seem to capture them well.  I really found it to be another great story from Cindy Woodsmall.  She really has a way of bringing Amish life to life for her reader.  I look forward to the next book in this series.  I'm hoping that some loose ends get tied up!  I so enjoy reading about each characters struggles and challenges and joys!  If you love Amish fiction, you will certainly enjoy this story!!

Disclaimer: This book was provided free for review by WaterBrook Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment