Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Friendship for Grown-Ups by Lisa Whelchel

I moved back to my home state over a year ago and have since struggled to develop friendships.  The struggle has taken a toll on me, but I know that God has a plan for me and for my friends.  God is good!
I was in the library looking for books and found Friendship for Grown-Ups by Lisa Whelchel on the shelf and decided to check it out.  What a great book!  As I was reading, I kept thinking "I've been there; I know what she's saying."  Books where I connect with the author that way are so powerful to me.  I want to internalize her words, follow her suggestions, learn from her mistakes/fumbles.  Lisa goes through her journey on the road to friendship in this book.  She tells the reader the low points, the high points, and the in-between.  I am both hopeful and a little scared about stepping into the real world of friendship.  The road to deep, meaningful friendship is not always going to be easy or free from potholes.  Why?  We're human!  This book is ideal for a discussion group or just some self-evaluation.  In the back of the book, Lisa includes useful helps in growing your friendship and great starter questions to ask your friends or your friends-to-be.
I wish I could tell you the emotions I went through as I read her words about women who may only have a thimbleful to give and those who have even more.  Or the feelings I had when I read about addressing bricks before a wall is built.  So many helpful tools!  If you want to learn more about friendship, real, deep, abiding friendship, check this powerful book out.  And, if anyone wants to do a study of it with me, let me know!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment