Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Every Storm by Lori Wick


I was amazed to begin reading Every Storm only to find that Lori Wick did something she’d never done before. I was shocked, but I read every single page of this book and found that I truly enjoyed it. True, Every Storm is by no means typical Lori Wick, but it has heart. It was thought-provoking as well. I found myself really feeling for Lorri, trying to understand and fathom what she had gone through on that island. Despite the awful circumstances she had found herself in she strived ahead with God’s help. The romance that bloomed between her and Rigg also added an element of awe to the story. And I so enjoyed getting to know Lorri’s mom and grandfather. How could Lorri have had any hardships with them there to support her recovery. Lorri’s sister, Max, also made Every Storm very enjoyable. She may have “sworn off boys,” but apparently, they did not swear her off. What a precious romance that sprouted between Max and Johnny! God always has a plan for us. It may not be our plan, but it’s the best plan. Thank you, Lori, for a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment