Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Promise for Breanna by Al Lacy


Breanna is a smart, skilled, intelligent woman who loves God and takes great care of her patients as a nurse. She joins a wagon train to care for an ailing woman and during the trip west much happens. This story was difficult for me to read at some points because Breanna and her companions find themselves in rather harrowing situations at times. I find it amazing what people went through when they left home and traveled west in covered wagons so many years ago. I can’t imagine the traumatic times of attack and lack of food and other disastrous circumstances. Oh my! Breanna is a woman of strength through each circumstance she finds herself in, and she has a sweet heart. She doesn’t let people get away with wrong attitudes and incorrect treatment of others though. She steps up to the plate and takes a great big swing at each ball (attitude, rudeness, fear) that comes toward her or others she is concerned for. A wonderful book overall! I would like to finish reading the series! I have never read any books by Mr. Lacy, so I will go back and read the Journeys of the Stranger series first before continuing with Breanna. I hope that you will take the time to read Breanna’s story; it is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment