Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Thursday, May 20, 2010

In My Stack - From March 30, 2009

No, I have not fallen off of the planet. I need to be much more regular in my offerings to all of you. I am currently reading a book by one of my all-time-favorite authors – Robin Jones Gunn. I think she was one of the first Christian fiction authors that I “cut my teeth on.” What a wonderful series of young adult books she wrote for us to enjoy in the the Christy Miller books. Then she followed with more wonderful series and titles. I am currently reading the second book in the Katie Weldon Series – On a Whim. It is a great read so far. Robin Jones Gunn has a tendency to do things in her series books that I, as a reader, don’t expect. They aren’t necessarily bad things but things that, if I had written the book, I might not have done. I always enjoy her stories. They continue to draw me in, whether meant for adults or young adults. I also have the following titles “in my stack:” Too Small to Ignore: Why Children are the Next Big Thing by Dr. Wess Stafford, Pathway to Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton, Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John & Stasi Eldredge, and Organizing Magic:40 Days to a Well-Ordered Home and Life by Sandra Felton. There are other titles in my stack, but I didn’t want to bore you with the details. As you can see from my list, I have rather diverse tastes. I am reading On a Whim for pleasure and some of the others to help me in various ministries that I’m involved in at my church and in my life. I hope that you find yourself surrounded with books that are not only enjoyable but also stretch you in new directions. “Stretching” books are some of my favorites because I come to a new understanding of myself or of who I am in Christ. What a wonderful thing! I hope this post finds you all very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment