Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Journey to New Books – The Hope of Refuge - From August 5, 2009


The Hope of Refuge by Cindy Woodsmall tells the story of Cara – a woman with a broken past and no future in sight. Cara and her daughter, Lori, are on the run, and they find themselves in the midst of an Old Order Amish community with tight ties and little allowances for outsiders. One person is willing to answer God’s call and step out for these two, but what will the price be for doing what God has asked?
I have said this many times recently, and I will say it yet again today – I have never read any books by Cindy Woodsmall. I certainly am glad that I was able to pick this one up and read Cara’s story. I found the characters real and well-developed. They were full of characteristics that stood out on the page and came to life. I am continually drawn to stories of the Amish for reasons that I’m not entirely sure of. I find their life fascinating and I live in an area that has many Amish and Mennonite people living in it, but I don’t know what calls to me about these stories. I found this one particularly interesting, and it held a bit of a twist that I hadn’t expected when I first began the book. I hope that you will find a space of refuge and enjoy this delightful new book from Cindy Woodsmall.

No comments:

Post a Comment