Christianbook.com

Search:
Christianbook.com

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today’s Stack Includes…From January 29, 2009

So today when I look at the stack of books waiting for me, I see a variety of titles lined up. At the top of the stack is The Power of Praying Together by Stormie Omartian with Jack Hayford. I am actually almost done with this book. It has been a very handy read, especially since I recently started a small ladies prayer group. I also enjoyed reading The Power of a Praying Wife (which I must reread – I’m not sure if I ever finished it). My stack also contains Now and Always by Lori Copeland (for February’s Book Delights meeting), Love as a Way of Life by Gary Chapman (author of The Five Love Languages), several books on writing and getting published, at least two books on baby sign language, and a book by none other than Dave Ramsey (I can thank my friend, Kimberly, for that). As you can see, I have a lot of good reading ahead of me. This stack doesn’t even include my own books that I’ve been wanting to read. I have owned several books for several years that I have yet to read. I’m sure there is a word for that, but it escapes me at the moment. I guess you will have to be content with the fact that I easily own over 200 books, and I have only read a fraction of them. It really is a sad thing, but I continue to find new books to add to my collection anyway. New or used, that is. Can anyone relate to this need to buy books that intrigue you, even if they remain untouched and unopened for many years to follow? I suppose some may say that this is some sort of problem I have, but I would tend to disagree with those people. How can owning a lot of books ever be considered a problem? Just remember that if I didn’t read all of the books that I do this blog wouldn’t be full of great reviews. You see what I’m saying? That’s it for today’s stack. I’ll give you an update one day, and then you’ll see how different my stacks can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment